Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two posts ago I told a story in which I said in my accident report that my iPod was the catalyst of my wreck. Well, many have told me I have made a mistake telling the truth. My mom asked "You told the police you checked your iPod?" I instantly felt so naive. I felt like a ten year old. I said "I just thought I should tell the truth?" It was this rooted value that I tell the truth and that it is always the best thing to do. The next thing I said was, "You never told me that sometimes I didn't need to tell the truth".

Naive. Nineteen years old.

Well, I was in this wreck by myself and no one else was affected and I could have gotten away with manipulating the truth a bit. However, I didn't and now my insurance will sky rocket and they will most likely not help much with my repairs because it was the fault of a nineteen year old changing his music.

Well, I have thought more about it.

Is it possible this sort of scenario on a larger scale is what is corrupting politics? Are we more concerned about money and our personal motives and gains to where truth and genuine, human straight forwardness have gone out the window? Now, I understand insurance is already ripping me off blah blah so on and so forth. Think for just one second though. Should I succumb to the chance that I could change the situation around in my advantage? A lot of people would say yes. However, I will not jeopardize my morals and beliefs for money and/or my advantage. I believe my situation is simply metaphoric of the grand scheme of problems happening throughout our nation's government. I don't think it's a stretch at all. I believe I am accountable for my actions and I am man enough to admit to them. I think that if many politicians and human beings in this world felt the same way we might be in better situation economically, socially, and politically. Many people in this world need to step forward and admit to their cowardliness and fraud. And certainly in the intense pre-election October I am primarily directing this towards politicians and individuals involved/discussed in this election. (I.E. Financial Executives, Lobbyists, Congressmen, Republicans, Democrats and so forth)

No comments: