Friday, May 8, 2009

411vm #63. My favorite ever.



Scott Kane



Best Paul Rodriguez part ever.



Mikey Taylor, son. Watch the part after he introduces his brother Matty. I can't help but get stoked on skating again when I watch it.

I remember I was in the middle of soccer season when I watched In Bloom for the first time. When Evan Hernandez does his first line in Australia down that three run three run three run three block and when he lands and turns around to flicking people off then the music kicks in... I just remember feeling this sensation. It made me want to stop playing soccer. That obsessive side of skateboarding bothers me actually. I see skateboarding suck so much out of people. I think that's the reason I stay away from it. But it's so nice remembering the good ol' days of wanting to do nothing else. But I think thats the problem, some kids don't look at it as the good ol' days. They stil let skating run their lives. I see kids not do an ounce of homework because they wanna go shred. So basically, if you are obsessed after age 18 you better get your shit together. Life is calling you on line one. Moderation is on line two.

So I'll reminisce with this post.

Heated, frustrated skater kids comment below.

9 comments:

Matt Clarke said...

I completely see what you mean, I'm cutting down alot more. As fucked as it sounds for you, it's probably because of your influence. I've been wandering about your view on skating and why you stopped, it makes alot of sense. I'm trying to not let it run my life as you've mentioned, and when I do choose to go skate, I seem to skate better, so it all seems good. Nice post too, I loved the this video too.

Anonymous said...

I have always liked Toy Machine's Good & Evil, there are days when I want to get back on the board and on those days I can't help but be dissapointed by how everyone gave it up.

Pete Halupka said...

thank you matt but please realize i'm twenty and an idiot. i won't knock myself super hard but, please, just take some things as a grain of salt. follow your HEART BROTA

Justin said...

What happened to scott kane? Dude was so good.

Pete Halupka said...

I was thinking about that watching it. Bootleg died a while ago but what after that?

Matt Clarke said...

Haha, true, but it does make sense. It's not like I'm giving it up, but it's worth a try by taking it down a notch, or two.

Scott Kane supposedly owns a clothing shop and is over skating, ironicly. It was mentioned on Thraser recently.

kohlton said...

Don't be a hater. Skateboarding keeps me sane.

sos said...

just turned 28 a couple days ago.

i run skateboarding, skateboarding don't run me. i'll never stop!

sos said...

ya know, i kept thinking about this for some reason, and i think it's because of this... couldn't you look at just about any hobby this way?