Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14th

I spoke to Eric Mittman today. He has been a pivotal part of my photography. He was my photographer teacher in high school. I cannot even think of where to start on how big of a difference he has made in my life. I saw him today in Barnes and Noble and we spoke for a bit. The advice he gave me was to make sure I didn't run from anything by moving to Chicago. I often catch myself completely exhausted from being here in Huntsville and growing quite impatient. But I need to realize things will come along as they will. I need to enjoy the time I have here in this room where I sleep on the floor next to my dirty laundry. It's all preparation. It was just good to hear some good advice that I actually let through my thick young skull.

I also met a lady at B&N while I was working who I started speaking to. She wrote about her experiences with visions of God and her near death experiences. We talked for a long time and I told her about my father passing and for some reason she said "How did he die? It was a heart attack wasn't it?" Which is completely true. Out of context you may think it's an easy guess but given the conversation it just freaked me out. It was intense. It was great.

I'm close to finding a place in Chicago. I might have to fly up for a day. Whew, not sure where that money is going to come from. Anyone know any tickets cheaper than Southwest? Link me.

3 comments:

My Blog is else where said...

mittman must have been everywhere today, this morning i was in the car w/ my family and we went to a store, i looked over next to me was parked mittman so we also talked for a bit about photo thats pretty funny you saw him too.
matt

Pete Halupka said...

that's hilarious.

Shawn said...

The best to you and your travels, as well as your plans.

This looks like a terrific blog. I look forward to dropping by again soon.

Best--