Monday, October 13, 2008

Yes.

So my last post was the chance to start fresh on this blog. Get that stuff out of the way.

I was working at Barnes and Noble the other day. I was slacking and opened, I believe, Time Magazine to an article that Greg Miller had shot. I instantly noticed he was shooting like any one of my inspirations concerning portraiture. I was curious as to if he was shooting just this article with that certain style. I wrote his name on my hand to look at his work once I got home.

Needless to say, I was extremely excited to be viewing this work. It completely rejuvenated my love and hope of 8x10 documentary portraiture.

Greg Miller - County Fair

...and other work on his website

His work with Band Camp is unbelievable.



© Greg Miller. From "Band Camp" 2004


© Greg Miller. From "Band Camp" 2004

But really what dug into me was Ash Wednesday


From "Ash Wednesday". 2003.
© Greg Miller


From "Ash Wednesday". 2006.
© Greg Miller

No comments: