Monday, October 13, 2008

I didn't anticipate to be where I am now.

I posted last in January 2008. I had just turned 19. My only goal was to "thrive". I did not understand what was ahead. I thought I had it all figured out. I had plans, goals, aspirations.

I didn't anticipate to be where I am now.

I have been shooting a lot more lately. I have been really taking advantage of the gorgeous fall sunlight. I really disliked 35mm for a long time for some reason. Well, once I realized that a 50mm was completely restricting I ordered a $30 28mm lens and it has worked wonders.

Joel Meyerowitz speaks about the importance of a lens that really translates how you view the world around you. A lens where if you look at a scene then look on the ground glass or view finder, that you see that exact same scene.

No comments: